Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Northern Pike Fishing In the Fall

Northern pike fishing can be some of the best fishing in the world. I want to tell you about some tips and tricks that will help you land more fish. These lures I talk about will help you land more fish than you thought possible. Northern pike fishing lures are normally marketed for them, but the lure I am going to talk about gave me the best day of pike fishing in the fall I have ever had. You are not going to believe the lure I used when going northern pike fishing, but I will here soon enough. This lure has flash, color, size, all the things water wolfs love to chase, but many of us laugh or make fun of this lure. You tie one on and soon you are the laughing stock of the lake or pond, and everyone assumes you know nothing about fishing. Interested to see what I am talking about? First let me tell you about my catch.

I was northern pike fishing at a friends house in northern Michigan. We were catching some hammer handles until I tied these lures on and we started getting some trophy size beasts, as well as still some smaller ones. A one day total of close to 80 fish, and 70 of them all came from this one bait. Crazy, but I have to tell you now what the lure was. The Helicopter Lure. Yea you heard right, that stupid looking bait Roland Martin used to sell back in the day. Pike love it. Hammer it hard and fast. Forget largemouth bass, this lure should be marketed to northern pike fishing fans. I was shocked and amazed, but it all made sense. These baits were perfect for a nice sized pike and were easy to use. I never thought I wold be caught using those in public, but we sure did land some nice fish.

Never just a fishing bait by its reputation, it may work for you that day or that trip, but give it a try, you never know what will happen.